Only 3 ingredients and 3 reasons why I love this recipe! I know exactly what’s in these treats, so I’m not worried about her getting sick. Also, they’re bite-size so I know I won’t overfeed her and they’re delicious enough to keep her attention while training. Peanut butter banana training treats are one of the easiest recipes you’ll ever make for your pup!
This is the first recipe I ever made for Luna and is by far her favorite! If you don’t have a cookie-cutter specific for cutting out tiny pieces, you can easily use objects in your house: bottlecap, boba tea straw, or use a knife to cut out squares. Get creative!
Peanut Butter + Banana Training Treats
- 1 cup gluten-free flour/ whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter **make sure it contains NO XYLITOL**
- 1 banana
Preparation: 15 Cooking: 10 min Makes: 250 grams
- Mash the banana and mix in with the peanut butter in a large bowl.
- Add in the flour and mix in thoroughly.
- Sprinkle flour on your workstation and roll out dough (1/4 inch thick).
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C) and prepare baking sheet
- Use cookie cutter for desired shape.
- Place on baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes. Look for golden brown edges.
Did You Know?
Peanut butter provides protein and it’s also the good kind of fat.
Bananas are low in cholesterol and a great source of potassium and high in fiber. It’s also high in magnesium which helps in bone growth.
Tips & Tricks
* If you’re interested in getting a cookie cutter like mine, I purchased mine at BobbisCookiesCutters on Etsy. (size 10mm)
* If your dough is too dry, add some water bit by bit. If too wet, gradually add more flour.
* For extra crunchy treats, turn off the heat but leave the treats inside with the door closed until the oven completely cools down.