These dog-friendly Deviled Eggs are a double plus because it can be enjoyed by both you and your dog! All the ingredients are a tasty combination. I know because I tried them! Quite a few actually! The beauty of this recipe is how simple the ingredients are, you most likely already have them in your kitchen. You can choose to not use all the ingredients I chose or even get creative and add a few of your own (be sure they’re dog-friendly).
As a dog mom, I’m always looking for ways to include Luna into family holidays and celebrations. Easter is no exception! There are so many fun activities you can do with your dog such as an Easter egg hunt, dress them up in adorable bunny ears for a photo shoot, and feed them delicious Easter treats!
Dog-Friendly Deviled Eggs for Easter
- 3 boiled eggs
- 3 tsp greek yogurt
- 1/2 can of tuna, in water
- 1 tsp parsley, dried or freshly chopped
Preparation: 15 min Makes: 6 pieces
- Peel boiled eggs and cut in half lengthwise.
- Take out yolks and mash with a fork in a bowl.
- Add tuna, yogurt parsley to the yolk. Mix well.
- Divide into 6 balls and spoon onto egg halves.
- Sprinkle with turmeric.
Did You Know?
Eggs are a highly nutritious snack full of protein that’s easily digestible, great for dogs that easily get an upset stomach. They also contain essential amino acids and fatty acids that aid in healthy skin and coat.
Tuna, as everyone knows, is an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids and a number of vitamins like B3, B6, and B12, which aid in a stronger immune system.
Turmeric possesses anti-inflammatory properties. Although its mainly used for coloring in dog food products, its good to know it’s also healthy for your pup.
Tips & Tricks
- Feel free to use as much or little of the ingredients in this recipe. It doesn’t need to be followed exactly. It’s all about your taste preference. Or rather, your dog’s preference!